Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's the final countdown!

Induction Time
September 2, 2009 looks like the big day! My doctor is having me come in for an inducement Wednesday, the 2nd. It may take all day, you just never know. Her birthday may actually be the 3rd. The reason for the inducement is mainly due to the diabetes and the fact that she is getting big. According to Dr. Allison's measurements, she weighed 7lb 9oz (+ or -1lb) last Tuesday. So, it is possible that if I went on and delivered on my due date she could weight 9.5lb. It is much safer to induce and get her out at a smaller weight, than to risk her being too big and getting stuck in the canal or something worse.
We spent our last Saturday as a couple without a baby to look after by doing pretty much the normal. I worked a few hours this morning answering the phone (which I do a few hours a week for a little $) and Carless went to town did some errands. After Carless got back home he mowed the lawn, I must say it looks pretty good, while I cleaned the white fence that lines our deck. It has been years since we cleaned it, I am ashamed to say. So, it took a lot of work. Carless finished that lawn and got out the power sprayer to help me out. It looks so much better! I'm tired, but glad we got that done before are hands are too full to do much ;).
So, the countdown is 4 more days till we go to the hospital! I can't believe it is finally here! It is somewhat surreal. I have been waiting for this day, it seems like forever. Now it is almost here. My next blog will be about the big day, can't wait to show her off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Keep us all posted on everything! I will be saying lots & lots of prayers for you & your sweet girl! Everything is going to be just PERFECT! :)

Leslie said...

YEAH!! I can't believe it! That is great news. I will be praying for you both as you begin your labor and then for the entire birth process. I can't wait to see her. I am so excited for you. I know God is going to bless you as you raise your new little one!