Sunday, January 18, 2009

Adoption

So, a lot has happened since that day in February 2007. We continued on with the pregnancy. Took many pictures of my growing belly. We finally decided to let Dr. Burk induce me because he said it didn't look like I would go anytime soon and I was officially at 40 weeks. I didn't want to induce, I didn't want to let go. We arrived in the hospital June 26 and I gave birth to Caelyn Nicolette at 8:04 am on June 27th. She was breech, butt first. Her heart stopped beating in the birth canal. We took many pictures of our beautiful baby girl, dressed her, loved her, held her, and eventually let her go. It was a hard day, the days to come were hard too, but we made it through. Carless and I decided to try again, that is when we found ourselves pregnant with our little Bella girl. She was due April 3, 2009. We lost her on September 23, 2007 at 12 weeks.
Shortly after the misscarriage my husband and I decided to look into adoption through the foster care system.
My job allows me to meet many families, one of those families is a foster care family. There is a little girl who is in this home whom I have come to love. She is very special and if she did get adopted out, I wanted to have a chance at it. So, after lots of prayers and research, we are going through the Missouri Baptist Children's Home foster care training as we speak. We actually have one my week left, plus lots of paper work. Now, will we actually get to adopt this little girl? I don't know, but it is worth the risk. She deserves the very best and I hope to give that to her. She is a sweet little girl with big blue eyes, petite little body, brown hair, and light skin. She is only 16 months old and has been in foster care since she was 7 months old. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Chels, my heart just goes out to you. NO matter what the outcome, KNOW that there is a reason why this little girl has come into yours and carless life. She needs you. No matter what. You are in our prayers. And my thoughts CONSTANTLY. I feel for you both. And I truly hope that everything works out. You are such an incredible woman. And I know that there are some special little spirits that are in need of your mothering, they are just getting to you in an unexpected way, or may take a while to get to your family. I love you, I can't say it enough that I wished we lived closer so that I could be there for you in any way.

LaurieJo said...

Chelsea, I am so proud of you and Carless for your courage and tender hearts. I had no idea about your second loss. I am so sorry that you have already gone through so much in your lives.

I know many families who are blessed with adoptive children, and I am so happy for you to be starting that process. I will be praying for your family's journey and that the risk is worth it for all of you.