Friday, March 27, 2009

God is Good

Well, I'm 16 weeks along (about 14 in the picture) and growing! Carless and I just got the best news this week. Our genetecist called to let us know the results of the urinalysis confirm that our little one does not have Smith Lemli Optiz Syndrome! Such a relief. It is a new test, but very accurate. She says as accurate as an amnio and best of all it was totally non-invasive! After our ultrasound at 11 weeks I was pretty confident that the results would be good, but it was nice to hear the confirmation. There is always that little part in your head that says "what if", we've heard bad news so many times...it's sometimes hard to think the good will come. But it has. We even purchased a crib! Now I am waiting to find out if the baby is a boy or girl. We have our ultrasound scheduled for April 20th, so in less than a month we will hopefully know! Almost everyone I know hopes or thinks I'm carrying a boy. I really don't care, I just a healthy baby. However, there have been a few of us and me included who dreamed it's a boy. We will see. I know that everyone says you cannot feel the baby move until 18 weeks, but I swear I feel this little one in there moving around, kicking and poking. It's an awesome feeling, even if it is gas! Haha. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. This journey has definately been hard, but worth it in the end. Now I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

5 comments:

Kat said...

The ONLY bad possible thing I can think of is that I am totally sad and completely jealous we aren't closer so that I can experience it with you! You look adorable in the picture and keep taking them and keep them coming! If I had to bet on one sex or the other......I'd have to say I'm betting on a boy. But who knows, we shall see:) I'm so happy for you guys~! I need MORE pictures of your cute belly! Yay!:) Eeeeek!!

Kat said...

Just so you know......I logged on AGAIN just to see your cute belly?;) Want to touch it;) Love it;)

willhouse4God said...

As everyone has already said, "Awesome news, I am so excited for you guys." I am sure it was a relief to get the results. I love reading your updates. Our prayers are with you through this rollercoaster ride, called "pregnancy".

Chelsea said...

Kathleen, you just crack me up! :) I will post more on my facebook soon.
love you girl!

Helen Moore said...

I'm so happy for the both of you! No joke when I was pregnant with each one of the boys I would dream that I gave birth to a baby that had a dragon tail. It freaked me out at first but once we found out that we were having a boy I figured the tail thing must have been signs that we were having a boy.
Congrats again!! You will be a great Mommy!