Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Ask and you shall receive"

Well, we finally finished our adoption classes. We still have a few loose ends to take care of and should be certified as foster parents sometime next month. Now that we are pregnant, I am not planning on fostering. I want to focus on this little one we are expecting in September. However, we still plan to go ahead and pursue the adoption with the little girl, whom I will refer to as "A", if that option come up. Her year is in April and that is when the judge should decide permancy. If it goes how I think the case will go, it looks like the judge will most likely extend the mom's time for reunification. That being said, the case could go any way and could time quite some time. Well, Carless and I have been offered to go ahead and foster "A" once we are certified, due to some family sickness in the current foster families home. I am closer to "A" than anyone else, except for your now foster parents, grandmother, and her mother. The thing we have to consider is the fact that we could have "A" in our home for a good year or so before permancy is decided. Carless worries that I will not be able to handle the loss if it comes down to it, but I just cannot bear to turn her away. I believe we could have an amazing time with her, however long the time is. So, for now I have already purchased her easter dress in hopes to have your by then...if not the dress can be worn at other times. It has been a lot to take in this past week, but I feel comfortable enough to say "yes, we will give her a home". Be carefull what you ask for people, you just may get it, our God is listening and is good.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Chels this is SOOO true. And I have a strong feeling....that no matter what your role is in "A"'s life, you and Carless were the ones who were meant to be there for her. She sounds like such a special little spirit and after all you've told me about her she sounds like a complete doll. I really really hope that someday I will get to meet her. AND see pictures of her in her Easter Dress! I hope you're feeling better! When is your next doctors appointment? Love ya girl!